Sunday, December 12, 2004

Words II

My dearest Corwynne,

Animal Farm the Musical!!! I am mortified.....I bet that is a good time for the whole family. In order to distract myself from the hideous idea of this show, I am forced to write out the last of the Word of the Day words and sentences. It turns out that this did not last as long as I thought because there are only two more.

Expeditious
Characterized by acting with speed and efficiency.

"Gimli argued that the most expeditious way to cross the mountain was to go under it, not over it."

Deprecate
1. to pray against, as an evil; to seek to avert by prayer.
2. to disapprove of strongly.
3. to belittle; to depreciate.

"Each night, as he pretended to be lying in his own comfortable bed, Frodo would deprecate Sauron."
-or-
""What do you think of my going to Mordor alone?" asked Frodo. "I deprecate." Sam replied."
-or-
"The first stage in Boromir's plan to sieze the ring was to deprecate Frodo."

That is all there is. But if you write to tell me that anything as foul as Animal Farm the Musical exists again I will distract myself by writing of your funeral plans, which are written in detail in my papers. You have been warned.

Your affectionate friend,
Kendrah

No comments: