Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Apologies

My Dearest Kendrah,

I am so sorry it's taken me so long to write. I have been ill for days! I spent a great deal of the weekend "spilling it" as your eldest son would say, and by Monday a head cold had settled in. Apparently that "The hands of the king are the hands of a healer" bit is only effective against afflictions like the Black Breath and doesn't apply to stomach viruses. Aragorn was very sweet though...kept brewing mint tea and trying to make me eat crackers.

I'm glad Leggs has found something to keep him occupied. It's nice that he and Greg get along so well. And the boys haven't had much opportunity to express their creative talents in the past few years. I'm pleased they behaved themselves at the Cold Moon party. All Aragorn would tell me is that Gregor provided wonderful hospitality and his beer was better than Butterbur's. I hate it when goes into tight-lipped Ranger mode! It always makes me a suspicious...

BTW...Gimli and Crew have agreed to install a temporary gate. No word yet from the delegation we sent to Mirkwood. I told Aragorn sending Dwarves was a bad idea! I think we all remember what happened the last time a group of dwarves in search of treasure wandered into Thranduril's court. Sigh...

Well, I must be off...Eowyn and I are going riding this afternoon to distract me from my real-world runny nose. I'm a little nervous...I haven't ridden much Legolas gave me those lessons a while back...but it seems like she's trying to make friends, so I'm guessing she won't laugh too hard if I fall on butt!

Your Affectionate Friend,
Corwynne

No comments: