Sunday, December 26, 2004

Holidays are so much fun.

My dearest Corwynne,

Ahhh Christmas. We have been quite busy. We started a new Christmas eve tradition of movies and unhealthy snacks which went quite well. Unexpectedly, Leggs showed up for a little while. We were watching a movie which held his attention for quite sometime although I don't think he enjoyed. It was Elf starring Will Ferrell. Probably not the best choice for his introduction to television. He was baffled by Buddy's (the elf in the story) inability to walk on top of the snow and his preoccupation with making toys. He feels that making toys is a good thing, for through amusement much critical thinking is developed in children, but toys can be made by anyone and should not, therefore, be made by elves....It just wastes there talents. I just opted to let him rant about it for a while until he was bored with this bizarre holiday and decided to go back to work in the settlement.

Christmas morning went very well. We were able to surprise my son with a new dog. I think that surprise is an understatement. For a few minutes he was in shock. The dog's name is Pippin, which I find appropriate since Pippin the Hobbit has often tried to meet my son, but since my son has no whimsy he can not see him. I also choose the name in the hope that the name itself will impart the ability for him to, if he turns out to be a bit dim, be harmless.

The final highlight was that Greg gave me a copy of the extended Return of the King. What fabulous additions were made. I will enjoy greatly many many times.

There may be more stories to come, we will be traveling to Columbus on Tuesday to have Christmas with my brother and parents. I think that during the journey I will try to get some work done in the settlement. Therefore making the most of my time.

Your affectionate friend,
Kendrah

No comments: