Monday, January 31, 2005

A Break Through

My dearest Corwynne,

The imaginary writer's block may be lifting slowly. There was a strange incident the other day. I was driving to the store alone. I was listing to a CD in the car. Nothing of interest occurring just driving. A song came on which I think is called I'm not the Man. Picture it if you will, song going on the radio, me tooling down the highway.....

His eyes have gone away
escaping all the time
He rules a crowded nation
inside his mind

At this point I hear laughter from the backseat. I know that the kids are at homeso you can imagine my surprise when I turn to see Leggs laughing in the backseat. Now this is the part in a story about Leggs having an emotion where I say that his version on laughing equals something else. However this is not the case here. He was laughing where Leggs laughing equals laughing. I was in complete shock. It took me some time to ask him what he found so funny. He said that the song reminded him of us. But by this point the song had moved on to the line:

And the crowd cries "Hang him slow"

Then Leggs with a final snicker left. It took me quite some time to realize that he meant the line about ruling a crowded nation and not that he thought that one day there would be crowds of people clamoring for our deaths.

Anyway, it was nice to see him and remember having seen him again. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Hope that all is well in the White City and the Steel City and that Farimir is working out in his new post. Talk to you soon.

Your affectionate friend,
Kendrah

No comments: