Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Work, Work, Work!

My dearest Kendrah,

Sorry I didn't have a chance to write yesterday. I got stuck in some crazy web marketing committee meeting and spent the rest of the day trying to figure out what "name branding conflicts" "metrics" and "design must support the informational platforms" meant! Still unsure...further research required.

Too bad Legolas and Orlie aren't getting along again. I really thought they were making progress. I think the age difference is coming between them. I'm glad Aragorn and Viggo hit it off so well. It makes arranging the seating at royal dinner parties so much simpler! Now that I know they're on the outs, I'll adjust my guest book accordingly. I never thought the hostessing aspects of this fantasy would be so trying!

Aragorn made it back Sunday in time for Trick or Treating. I was busy sewing my Samhain gift so I had him answer the door. The kids thought he was in costume! It was so cute! There was one scary moment when a group in really cool monster costumes came by. You know how jumpy Aragorn gets...Suddenly he's yelling that the porch is swarming with orcs and to get his sword. (I make him keep it under the bed, instead of wearing it around the house...it seems safer that way!) Fortunately, the kids thought he was playing along, so they just laughed! I asked them to take off their masks to prove they were indeed human and he seemed rather embarrassed by the whole thing, but was pretty impressed by their "trick". He even gave them each an extra candy bar! I think spending all that time with Pippin has improved his sense of humor.

I don't he'll make it to the party this weekend either. Says he should spend the weekend catching up on paperwork. Personally, I think he wants hang out at home and spend the weekend drinking with Gimli. Ugh! which reminds me, I have a meeting with those gate contractors this afternoon. Apparently they have some new improved designs...which I'm certain will cost much more than I want to spend. I'll keep you updated.

For now, I need to run off to a precollege debriefing meeting. I figured out that last summer we taught 183 classes a week, plus 282.5 hours of private voice and had 127 students! No wonder I'm always so crazy in July! I'll let you know how THAT meeting goes too!

Until then,
Your Affectionate Friend,
Corwynne


No comments: