Thursday, November 02, 2006

Halloween Festivities

My Dearest Kendrah,

Congratulations on your newest discovery concerning the complexities of reality jumping. As I think back, I tend to pop directly to the White City and move out from there. When questioned, Aragorn admits he ususally jumps to my place then wanders off on his real world adventures. It appears neither of us have tried to jump to another location, or wondered if it were possible. Your experience makes us rethink once again the nature of fantasy. The king thinks we should create some some of controlled experiment to see exactly how this works. I've asked him to wait until January, as the Gondorian Academy plans to open up aditional funding after Yule. I'm afraid this fundng is being secretly provided by the military as a way to track possible entry points of enemy combatants. Rumours of the havoc the White Witch is wreaking in Narnia surface every year around Christmas and those pesky pirates from Neverland are always a threat...though the according to the latest treaty, they're Umbar's poblem now, not Gondor's...

Anyway, the king and I have been quite occupied the past few weeks with Halloween fun. Two weeks ago, we spent the weekend with the Druids honoring our Ancestors. He enjoyed the pot luck where we all brough are traditional family food to share. He roasted a haunch of venison for the occasion. Last weekend, we went to Deana and Eric's Halloween party. Aragorn had a blast! He dressed as Saruman and I must say his costume looked great! I went as a faculty member from Hogwarts (Special Guest Lecturer-Muggle Studies) After numerous drinks, many of the guests were actually able to see him! (But since we were together, quite a few of them mistook him for Dumbledore!) All in all, it was a lovely time. On Sunday we went to Sarina's where I won second place in a pumpkin carving contest. I opted to go with something non-traditional - dragons. Unfortunately, Aragorn left early to watch the Steeler game, so he missed the carving part. I brought him some roasted pumpkin seeds and he seemed content.

We are really looking forward to this weekend-Samhain and and the fashion show. He's hoping to drink a lot of beer with Amron and Michael. And he's relieved that he can just wear his regular clothes and not have to get all gussied up in a costume. I did ask that he wear something nice...something casual from his Court collection rather than the smelly old Ranger gear...since we had to put in an appearance at the fashion show. He might even wear a crown, jut to look official!

Well, I must be off. Lots of things to get done today! We'll see you soon!

Your Affectionate Friend,
Corwynne

No comments: