Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Samhain/Fashion Show Extravaganza

My Dearest Corwynne,
It was so wonderful to see you and the King at the party. The beer, the gifts, and the company was all lovely. I absolutely adore my new pot holders and napkins. The kids love them too.
I'm glad that we didn't miss much when we left for the disastrous fashion show. I can't believe that they thought using orc designed trim was a good idea. The work that the orcs put into it was amazing and quite accurate, but I don't think epic bloody battle scenes is a good theme for an outfit, or twenty outfits. And I am certain that the fabric blood droplets that were left on the runway were just wrong.
In short I think I will have to give in and do some sewing work in the settlement. I will have to break out the loom and make some replacement trim. I think the elves will be disappointed that the only patterns I know how to do are Viking in nature, but really it can't be worse. I don't know if I will be able to do anything about the awful colors that they chose to dye the silks. Road construction orange on pasty elves....Not pleasing to the eye. And the idea of 40 elves milling around the settlement in those colors is the making of nightmares.
Leggs will be pleased when I tell him that I will be spending the more time in the settlement. He is concerned about all the time I have been spending elsewhere with other people. He has even been hinting about the whole dwelling thing again. That way he would be more comfortable with my time elsewhere. I think the next few months will be trying....Sewing and the dwell with me chant. What joy.

Your affectionate friend,
Kendrah

No comments: