Sunday, November 12, 2006

Trim Terror

My Dearest Kendrah,

I admit that the memory of the Orc-woven trim has haunted me this past week. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined it! (and I have have some pretty odd dreams!) It was bit like "The Emperor's New Clothes". We could all see the horror, but none of us could say it out loud! Including the models! Even the King managed to hold his tongue while we were there. I noticed he drank an awful lot of black lager when we got back to the Samhain party though. Alas, drowning the memory in beer worked better for him than it did for me.

I've spent all weekend here trying to clean my house. What started out as a simple "redding up" turned into a cleaning frenzy that is still not complete... one of those nightmare projects where I suddenly started rearranging rooms, spending hours filing paperwork and dusting my little guys. (By the way, I moved them into a cabinet with glass doors so they won't get so dusty in the future. They seem pleased with the arrangement.) I hauled FOUR BAGS of trash out of the basement! Once again the king made himself scarce when it came time to move furniture! But he brought me a chicken to cook up for dinner tonight (already plucked even!), so it's not all bad. I just have to get the place into some kind of order before Friday when my brother gets here.

We're going to North Carolina again for Thanksgiving. I'm taking Monday and Tuesday off so we can leave next Saturday and spend the week. It should be fun. Aragorn is planning to come to Thanksgiving dinner. I wonder how much beer my brothers will have to drink before they can see him. They always look askance when I set an "extra" place at the table.

Well, I should go get the chicken out of the oven. I hope all is well with you. Keep me updated on the trim progress!

Your Affectionate Friend,
Corwynne

No comments: