Monday, November 27, 2006

Chenille Musings

My Dearest Corwynne,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your holiday, even with the controversy over the Hobbit. Leggs has organized a committee to try and work out solutions to the problem. Sadly, as always, the "solutions" being discussed are not quite what we are looking for. The current favorite is that we send the stealthiest warriors to Hollywood to kidnap the stars of the film and replace them with the "real" elf, hobbit, dwarf, or what have you. When they have successfully taken over their lives they will simply refuse to participate in the film until PJ is back in the fold. The other scenario is just kidnapping and ransom them for PJ. I have tried to explain that this would be a terrorist action and that the people they would be dealing with would frown on that, but they are busy naming the operation and trying to get me to get them walky talkys.

In other news, my holiday was uneventful. I spent it at a friends house. I ate well and did not have to do any of the cleaning. Now that is what I call a holiday.

Yesterday, my mother stopped by. We were in the yard discussing the pros and cons of chenille socks. Pro: soft and comfy. Con: obscenely slippery. Right after this conversation I saw a squirrel fall out of the neighbors really tall tree. Leggs saw it fall too, and his response was to simply say that the squirrel must have been wearing chenille socks. This image, burned into my brain, had me laughing for hours.

Your affectionate friend,
Kendrah

No comments: