Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Post Pennsic Funk

My Dearest Kendrah,

Well, it's over. Another Pennsic come and gone and the funk has set in. I finished all the muddy laundry and thought "Aw! Now I have to put everything away and Pennsic is really, truly over!" That's not right, Mellon Nin! The end of laundry usually signals great rejoicing! I even washed all the mud off the leftover bottles of diet Pepsi! I have one gown that requires hand washing and I keep avoiding it, because it's the last piece of garb I haven't packed! I haven't mopped the kitchen floor because there's Cooper's mud and grass on it. Sure, I keep telling myself it's senseless to mop before Summerland this weekend because I'll just be tracking in more mud and grass, but I suspect that's just an excuse. Sigh...

In any case, Pennsic was fantastic. Sam ( the Smart-Ass Time-Keeping Friar, not the Hobbit) had a great time and it was fun to have him there! I guess making plans with Momus his first night on site helped ease him into the whole experience. And I learned that he is not a fop. No store-bought Ren-Faire garb for Sam! Which is cool. I can make monk robes and early period garb with no problem at all! Now we just have to get Chris! (Who will probably want to be a Samurai or something equally complicated!)

On a happier note, it the King and I are doing much better now. I think our week away from The Doctor and the temptation of DVDs helped immensely. You may have noticed how very attentive he was the whole time we were there. He even slept in my tent instead of roughing it under a picnic table wrapped in his sexy leather coat! Of course, I don't know what kind of mischief he got himself into that first week while I was stuck at precollege, but better not to know perhaps. Things are still good now that we're home. We've been spending a lot more time together, him hanging out while I pack away gear and me traipsing off to the White City when duty calls. He may even pop over to Summerland for a bit to see the band on Saturday night. That would be very sweet. You know how he doesn't usually go in for heathen displays!

Well, I must dash. I apologize for the relative incoherence of this note. On top of everything, I locked my keys in my house, so I have to hope Jan is around when I get home so I can get her keys! Arrgh!

I hope to fill you in on more details of Pennsic etc once I return from the fest this weekend. For now, the grief is still too near...

Your Affectionate Friend,
Corwynne

No comments: