Saturday, August 05, 2006

Pennsic Here We Come!

My Dearest Kendrah,

Just a quick not to let you know that all is on schedule for our vacation. PreCollege is over at last! We almost had a trauma yesterday when the ice cream for our farewell ice cream social got delayed due to a storm in Vermont and we had to start 45 minutes late. Fortunately, the students used the time constructively, crying and taking pictures of each other.

Your son's evaluation forms from my other summer program are in the mail, and they will not disappoint! As I suspected, both Aragron and Mithrandir were most impressed. Mithrandir says he plans to keep an eye...two eyes when he can spare them...on your son. I wanted to warn you, since little folk G. has his eye on tend to wind up going on "adventures". Just in case, your son may want to start keeping a well-supplied backpack handy!!

I'm busy with last minute cooking and packing. Aragorn says I worry too much. I got the "I made it half way to Mount Doom with nothing but the clothes on my back and my trusty bow" speech. Sure things turned out ok in the end, but the road to Mordor would have been much more comfortable with a five-day cooler, a propane stove and a case of Anchor Steam (the forbidden beer!) And we all know how disappointed my king would be if he showed up to Pennsic and there were no pierogies or morning coffee!

Well, I must be off. Time to put the laundry in the dryer and stir the spaghetti sauce. I will see you on the morrow! Until then, namarie!

Your Affectionate Friend,
Corwynne

PS...listened to Screwtape again while doing last-minute mending. He's still as fascinating (and tempting!) as ever!

No comments: