Thursday, August 31, 2006

Anyone Wanna Play Golf?

My Dearest Corwynne,

I am so pleased that you found some of the writings of Leggs and the King. I was starting to think they might have managed to keep them hidden from us. I know it is highly unlikely, but sometimes I worry needlessly. Who knew they actually paid attention to the things we say. I suppose we may need to be more careful in the future.

In other news, today was the longest day of my life. I believe it lasted 67.4 years. My father and I marshaled a local golf tournament, complete with all the edge of your seat standing and holding of the "quiet please" signs. It was a rollercoaster ride of excitement. I say this sarcastically, of course. However things did get interesting around the fourth hour of standing when who should arrive but Leggs. He watched quietly for a while, but after some time I began to notice he had that look on his face that he used to get when my ex-husband held fighter practice at our house. I am sure you know the one I mean. The cross between confusion and exasperation.

Well, after a while he decided that even though the players where performing poorly that the game was too easy and that it was up to him to add a bit of difficultly to it. He climbed a nearby tree (of course) with his bow in hand. For the next several hours whenever anyone was about to land a putt, he deftly shot an arrow at it causing the ball to miss by the narrowest of margins. I think his enjoyment of his addition to the sport was greatly heightened by the fact that professional golfers are big babies when ever they miss an easy shot. They threw balls, clubs and insults. This made my enjoyment of the day skyrocket also. So I guess all was well in the end.

The only thing that would have made my day even better would have been if I could have been forced to do some sewing at the same time. Cause you know how much I love to sew.

Anyway, hope all is well in the White City. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Your Affectionate Friend,
Kendrah

No comments: