Sunday, July 23, 2006

Birthday Galas and Pennsic plans

My Dearest Corwynne,

Things have been so busy these past few weeks. I never realized how hard it would be to get into the swing of things. But I am sure I will figure it out eventually. Yesterday's birthday party was a success, in spite of the rains and the flooding of the yard. The tent held it's own against the torrents and the kids seemed to enjoy themselves whether wet or dry.

The most annoying aspect of the party was TV-Boyfriend. Since the sun didn't come out, he thought it would be fun to join in the party. His idea of fun with children consists of standing behind them and pretending that he is going to eat them. This has it's humorous moments but after four hours it is just tedious. I believe that his time with us is becoming more limited day by day.

The Birthday boy is packing his bags for the summer program in the White City. He has some battle plans he would like to discuss with the King and plans to bring his new chemistry set to see if he and Mithrandir can come up with anything new they can use. While he is away Leggs and I will be trying to prepare for Pennsic. Leggs will be attending this year. There was a bit of a debate, he didn't want to come if TV-B was coming, so he was pleased that I have not invited him.

Leggs is so excited. He keeps going on about all the things he wants to do and the trees he wants to sleep in. He also seems to be very excited about spending time with Melanie. He is hoping that she will let him braid her hair. I wonder how she will feel about that. I guess we shall see.

Your affectionate friend,
Kendrah

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I was thrilled to be--inspired? reminded?--by/of the Elven love for the trees. Recently I had the chance to revisit an old friend from high school: one could also say 'that D&D character of yours' from way back when. I was invited to participate in a current campaign, where my focus could be the descendent of my original character. As I tried to think of what my old Elven character had been up to all those years, all I could think was that she had spent a lot of time learning the names of trees. . . As always, you are an inspiration.