Thursday, October 25, 2007

Tripping through Reality

My Dearest Corwynne,

I have safely returned from my trip to The Big Apple. I feel a wee bit awful about this but I was very pleased when Leggs was unable to join me. I don't know if word has reached you yet but Leggs' father, Thranduil, had a bit of an accident last Thursday. Apparently, he was holding forth on how his ungrateful son has been shacked up for years with that lowly human, of all things and while doing so he was pacing...you know how he gets. He was in full tirade and therefore not paying attention to his surroundings, and you know those giant spiders in Mirkwood? Well there is a guild of Elves whose job it is to make sure all the walkways are clear of their webs, but somebody missed a spot. Thranduil got all tangled up and his continued ranting and thrashing drew the attention of one of these spiders. The ensuing battle left the spider dead and Thranduil with a broken hip.

The riders were sent to the settlement to fetch the ungrateful son to his father's side. He is still there, still hopeful that the idea of a retirement home in the West will eventually appeal to the old elf. I think it unlikely, but here's hopin'.

I went ahead with my trip, since my pressence in Mirkwood would have ended in one human joining the spider and Thranduil having two broken hips. I had a wonderful time. It was very nice to not have to worry how Leggs would react spending an entire weekend with the Loud One. But it would have been nice to have him with me for the plane trips, especially the one to NYC....dear lord it was a long delay. But in the end it was all worth it.

So, like I said I am back and I expect Leggs back in time for Samhain, but I forgot to add him to the RSVP, so please add him.

How were things at the Great Elf Extravaganza 2007?

Your affectionate friend,
Kendrah

No comments: