Saturday, February 17, 2007

"Who are these People?!"

My Dearest Corwynne,

You have, in fact, out done every geek I have ever met, and since we are in the SCA, that is really saying something. I did a little looking around on Mr. Bagby’s site and the section on how his harp was modeled after one found in a grave reminded me of the class we always said we were going to teach. I am sure you remember, the "Who are these People" class. Who would make a harp out of a breastbone of a body they found lying on the road? Who would do that? At least it was a harp based on a harp found in a grave, not made from the leg bone of the nobleman entombed there….I guess there is something to be said for the passage of time. What was so much an accepted behavior it managed to be put in several period songs, is now frowned upon, probably.

Anyway, in other news, I closed on the Yellow Monster yesterday. I should get the keys next week. I am a homeowner now. I feel like I should become boring and adult-like with this new endeavor, but so far it doesn’t seem to be sticking. Every time I try to be serious, I find myself giggling. I am sure, however, that the seriousness need to be an owner of property will come in time. Probably right around the time I have to pay the tax bill or something. I guess we shall see.

It has been a big week for me. Not only did I buy a house, but today I put my old cell phone out to pasture after nine years of faithful service. I thought of calling in the fellmonger, like they do on All Creatures Great and Small, but in the end, decided that it had been a good and loyal phone and deserved to carry on in what ever way it wanted to spend the rest of it’s life. The children are pleased that it seems to have decided to become a toy for them. I think they all will be happy together.

My new phone is a lovely Razr 3v. The benefits of this phone is that it is very slim and can slide into my pocket without the unsightly bulge the old one let. I think I can take it to the settlement with me without risking anyone noticing it. It has a camera as well, so if all goes well, I may be able to send some photos to you of the settlement and all the progress that has been made in it’s construction, since it has been a while since we have had you visit.

Well, I think that is all I have to report. Hope all is well with you and give my best to the King.

Your affectionate friend,
Kendrah

No comments: