Thursday, February 01, 2007

Doom solved, only not so much.

My Dearest Corwynne,

I am so excited to be considered for the Habitat for Hobbits program. Just the thought of all the wee folk from the Shire work to and fro in my house like the seven dwarves makes me giddy. Do you think it would be wrong for me to teach them the Hi Ho song?

I have to agree that you are reading what could be the geekiest book ever. I had hoped that along with being the funny one I could also be the geekier one, but alas you have bested me. I weep for my loss, but am jubilant at your success….either that or I am bi-polar.

In other news, I just returned from parent teacher conferences. The unveiling of the report card was a bit traumatic for me. All of his grades were perfectly acceptable if they did not have the last grading period’s grades right next to them. He has drop a letter grade in several subjects and only raise one grade up a letter. He has had a long discussion with his teacher and agreed that he is simply being lazy and has promised that he will work harder in future. Once the initial shock of the grades had worn off I was actually relieved. I thought that this certainly must be the doom of which Leggs has been muttering. On the ride home I asked him and he simply and sadly shook his head. At that point I was at my wits end and demanded that he tell me what was going on but he pulled out his “for me the grief is still too near” schtick and popped away.
I can only imagine that whatever it is is going to turn out to be a much bigger deal than Brennan dropping from an A to a B in math. And I find my self wishing that what ever it is would have already happened and I will only be filled in when it has come to a conclusion, but again I fear that that may be too much to hope for.
Other than that, all is well here. The house buying should be concluded soon and the painting will commence shortly thereafter. With the whining about the painting to run concurrently. Hope all is well in the Steel City and the White City and I look forward to hearing more about the geekiest book ever written.

Your affectionate friend,
Kendrah

PS. Did I hear something about The Screwtape Letters being made into a movie….that can’t be right can it?

No comments: