Friday, January 19, 2007

Yellow Portents of Evil

My Dearest Corwynne,

Something strange is going on with Leggs. I took him to see the house I am putting in an offer on yesterday and he was in the strangest mood. It is usually the King who mutters when in an odd mood, but yesterday it was Leggs. The house is painted fluorescent yellow, inside and out, including the ceiling. I could hear Leggs talking behind me. I didn't catch everything he said. But I did hear him saying that yellow is the color of cowards and is a portent of evil. On the way home he was in a lather, exclaiming that the first thing to be done was painting. That he could not allow me to live in a house of that color. I thought it disheartening that he thought I could live in a house with a bright yellow ceiling, but whatever...
He was much calmer by the time we came home and were watching his favorite show, "All Creatures Great and Small"

I am enjoying the show as well, but I don't think the title is right. I am certain that the original title must have been "All Creatures Great and Small, I am sorry but there is nothing I can do. We should put it to sleep. Don't you think that would be for the Best?" But that must have been too long to fit in the TVGuide of the 1970's. Anyway, Leggs is a big fan of the countryside the good doctor works in and thinks that if he was mortal and not independently wealthy, being a vet would be an ideal job for him. It makes me snicker to think of Leggs performing the internal exams that Mr. Harriot seems so fond of, but I try to keep it to myself so that I don't upset the delicate balance between pleasant mood and confused rantings that have been the way of things with him the past few days.

I hope that you and the King are still enjoying your Who-athon. I plan to have one of those myself, but it is still a way off. I don't think that Leggs will be a fan so I will need to find something to keep him occupied before I start.

Anyway, that is all the news that is fit to print.
Take Care,
Your affectionate friend,
Kendrah

No comments: