Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Hard Times Come Again No More

My Dearest Kendrah,

I am delighted that the crisis has been averted! I was sure that some fancy over-priced imports would placate the masses and now all is once again right with the world. Let me know how the orc tailors work out. I may have a job for them come Pennsic!

The seemed King enjoyed his weeks slumming in the ranks, and has been awfully cranky these past few dealing with all the paper work that accumulated during his adventure. When he's not being grumpy, he;s wandering around reciting bits f poetry to himself. I'm afraid he's trying to compose an epic about the flooded settlement:

Hems were muddied. Harried heroes
In sodden shoes sought dry refuge
'midst thunder's peal and storm's thoughtless
Destruction of dearly bought garments...

He stopped reciting when I snickered. I mean really! It's not the fall of Numenor we're talking about here! At least he's taking a more Rohirric approach to composition. I shudder to think what it would sound like in one of those complex Elven rhyme schemes! Still, I hate to mock his creative impulses. Writing poetry is surely a safer hobby than huntng orc!

Well, I must be off. I still need to print tickets for tonight's show.

Your Affectionate Friend,
Corwynne

PS-You were right! I DID have a lovely time on my camping trip!

No comments: