Thursday, September 14, 2006

Floods and Riots

My Dearest Corwynne,

It seems that it falls to me to tell you and the King of the recent occurrences here in the settlement. One of the elder elves had wanted to be the one to tell you of our "woes" but I thought that he might over dramatize the situation because he is one of those who is the most upset.

I will try to start at the beginning. It actually starts back in July. You know that in July my real town flooded and a bit of the excess rain waters seeped into the settlement. I figured, what the heck, it's been dry in Middle Earth this year. Well, two days ago it started raining again, (that would be in the real world again) and I let a bit more seep into Middle Earth. Well, I haven't been sleeping well and I guess I got distracted and sort of let the settlement flood.

Ok, flood might be a bit strong a word for it. But it has turned it to a bit of a bog. Kind of like the bog was that one year at War Practice. Anyway, it isn't a problem except for the clothes. I wrote to you recently about the lack of silks with which to make new clothes and now the hems and tights are getting muddy and the elves are loosing their minds. The insist that the King call in the Middle Earth Emergency Management Agency (MEEMA). I tried to explain that any problems that we have could only be multiplied by their involvement if they are anything like their real world sister agency, but they have insisted that it is either MEEMA, new silks or a full scale elven riot at the mithril gates of the White City.

I think if we could promise silks within a fortnight, they would calm down and neither the riots or MEEMA involvement would be necessary. In fact, I over heard two key members of the leadership here thanking the Valar for sending the floods if it will get them new clothes....They are all so very vain.

So, if you could get some sort of word on the trade negotiations to us soon, I sure it would go a long way to elevating some of the tension.

Your affectionate friend,
Kendrah

P.S. The plus side to all of this is that with all the excitement Leggs has stopped mumbling about his expedition to someplace to do something important. There is always something to be greatful for.

No comments: