Friday, January 13, 2006

Surprise!

My Dearest Corwynne,
As anyone who has to deal with him on a regular basis knows, today is Orli's birthday. I was actually looking forward to it....well, I was looking forward to getting it over with. At least it would stop all the late night phone calls with the thinly disguised hints for gifts and party ideas. Sadly, things did not go well.
Orli wanted to have a party and have Leggs and myself attend. I explained to him that the paparazzi would have pictures of Leggs and Orli together in the tabloids for weeks. I managed to get him to agree that this would not, in fact, be hysterical. I also explained that some of these pictures might include me. My children have been through enough this year , what with the divorce and newly introduced rules of the cleaning squad, that I managed to get him to understand that having their mother in photos in the tabloids was not a good idea.
Never did it cross my mind that he would resort to planning a surprise party for himself in the settlement! After the small clothes incident, after the formal letter of banning from the council, after Leggs told him what he would do to him if he set foot in the settlement again, I didn't think it was necessary to mention that he couldn't have the party in the settlement.
Anyway, it is still going on. I just thought I would pop over and write to you. Hopefully things will remain as they are, very unpleasant, and everyone will stay alive until the party is over.

Your affectionate friend,
Kendrah

No comments: