Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Quest.

My Dearest Corwynne,
Your suggestion of a Nobel and heroic quest worked! I began by discussing it with Gimli in front of the comatose Leggs. I noticed his ears perk up a bit as we discussed how Gimli, the Sons, and various extras would be going off into the wild lands to find any remnants of Saurman's orc army and either destroy it or bring them back as laborers. Well, at that he could sit still no longer, there would be a chance to kill more orcs and if he let Gimli go without him his count might begin to narrow the gap with his own. He also had many arguments against the use of orc servants.
He began spewing out his reasons against their use before he realized he was supposed to be in a coma on the hearth. He looked around and saw that Gimli had left the room and I was handing him some tea. He was then very angry that we had tricked him in such a cruel manner. Promising the opportunity to kill orcs and then taking it away...cruel. He was much better when I told him that the quest was real and everyone was counting on him to go.
Then of course, being a slightly obsessed elf, he asked if we would marry before or after the quest. I thought I was going to scream. Luckily for me he remembered himself and apologized. He then asked if we could go back to the way things were before "The Time of the Hearth" (yes, that is what he called it.) I told him to go on his quest, not to send me any telepathic messages and return acting like his old self and I would consider returning to our pre-hearth relationship.
He has sent out dispatches to the Sons and to the King, in the hope that he can join them. He plans to leave on the 1st of the month. The settlement will be mostly empty until there return since most of the extras live here. If you would like to make an unofficial visit, those of us who remain would very much enjoy it. Do let me know.
Your affectionate friend,
Kendrah

P.S. If the King's duties do not allow him to go orc hunting and you would like a servant or two, send me the specifics and I will have Leggs pick some up for you.

No comments: