Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween

My Dearest Kendrah,

I am sure the signing of the Papers was bittersweet in many ways. The old days are over...a New Age begins...blah, blah... I can certainly understand why Leggs is getting on your nerves. You'd think an Elf, of all beings, would understand a grieving process, for Eru's sake! If he gets too annoying with the popping in and out, maybe Aragorn can arrange to send him on a mission to Imladris for a few weeks. You know how Elrond frowns on reality jumping in his domain.

Halloween passed vary uneventfully for us this year. Since I had to work all weekend, I sent Aragorn to Deana's party without me. He kindly invited Imrahil to join him, since the Prince so enjoyed the strawberry daquiris I brought him from last year's event. There was some argument over what costumes they would wear, but in the end, Aragorn raided Mithrandir's trunk for some old clothes, picked up some grey hair spray and went as Dumbledore. Imrahil decided to give his golden-boy persona a rest and went as Snape. (I hope that isn't a sign of things to come! I shall have to keep my eye on the Prince of Dol Amroth!) They were having a grand time pointing their plastic wands and casting made up spells at each other (or they were cursing each other in Sindarin...hard to say). They got in well after I did Saturday night, but judging by Imrahil's pink daquiri mustache and the amount of snoring that occurred, they seem to have enjoyed themselves.

I had planned to hide from the trick-or-treaters this year, but Aragorn wouldn't hear of it. He took it upon himself to buy all the candy and pass out the treats. He wore his Dumbledore costume and was, once again, a hit with the kids. I did hear him muttering "they are only children in masks, not orcs, not orcs" to himself every once in while. Just to be safe, I made him leave his sword with me. He wasn't happy, but when I reminded him that Dumbledore doesn't wear a sword and it would spoil the overall look of the costume, he surrendered.

We are both looking forward to visiting with you and your parents this coming weekend. I'm excited that he and I will actually be able to attend a party together for a change!

Take care, and let me know if there is anything we can do. I'll see you soon!

Your Affectionate Friend,
Corwynne

No comments: