Thursday, November 20, 2008

That Time of Year

My Dearest Kendrah,

It's that time of year again....the BIG MUSICAL time of year. I've been swamped the past few weeks selling tickets to "Into the Woods." In fact, we sold out the entire run as of yesterday. Now it's dealing with the disappointment of the Sondheim-loving masses who can't get in to see it. In any case, it's a long show and I've been working like twelve hours a day and neglecting the King terribly. Fortunately, he and Faramir have departed for a long-weekend hunting and fishing trip that should keep him form moping about the citadel. He gets so crabby when I'm stuck at work and he can't figure out how to turn on the DVD player! The King has promised to be home on Sunday with fresh venison. Whee! Perhaps you and Leggs could join us for a barbecue...though poor Faramir is still a bit sensitive about bonfires.

I'm glad Leggs is taking an active interest in real-world politics. It's adorable! I love when he gets all excited about a project and just throws himself into it willy-nilly!! (I just described an Elf as willy-nilly! I'm gonna pay for that later) The King seems quite pleased with the way things turned out. He's thinks that a young, forward-thinking president who reads Harry Potter might be more willing to enter into trade agreements with imaginary worlds than the previous administrations. I told him not to get his hopes up.

Remember back when we did a musical production of "Animal Farm"? Apparently there is an opera version of "The Grapes of Wrath." I mean, ok, opera is bit different than musical theater, but really? Singing in the Dust Bowl? What are people thinking!

Let's see...what other news...I'm petting Diedre on a regular basis now. The King can't understand why this is such a big deal. Seems the two of them have quite the fantasy life without me, just like he and Robinson. Honestly...sometimes my pets get to spend more time with my imaginary boyfriend than I do!!

All righty, I need to get some work done. I hope all is well with you. If I can make it through this weekend I'll be great! I'm planning to take all of next week off work and spend quality time in the White City teaching Eowyn how to stuff a turkey!

You're Affectionate Friend,
Corwynne


PS-the delighted to hear that David Tennant is vacating the TARDIS. There's been more than a little gloating. I try not to let him see my heart ache!

No comments: