Sunday, March 25, 2007

Not as much with the Doom

My Dearest Corwynne,

Please do not fret about the tardiness of your reply, I have been so busy working on the new house that I hardly had the time to notice. Paint, paint and more paint…that is my life.

The definition of doom must be different to elves, or perhaps I am just selfish, because I don’t see it as a bad thing. The only unfortunate part I can see is not having Melanie in our camp. When Leggs realized that she wouldn’t be close by for the hair braiding in the afternoons, the grief became to near again and he didn’t speak for days. Maybe he can sneak next door unnoticed and they can spend some time together.

I should have realized what was going on sooner, but I was preoccupied with the whole house thing. Leggs had been muttering his "pet" name for his least favorite member of the camp for weeks with more contempt than normal. All in all, I think it is a wonderful development, but I realize that there are others who would prefer to keep things the same. Leggs and I are in agreement on one thing…the way they chose to go about the separation is unforgivable. As if we were children unable to comprehend the intricacies of the camp split. "I am more than 3000 years old, and they treat me like a child." has been muttered more than once.

I have tried to explain to him how fabulous it will be now, but as with much of my explanations to him, it seems to have gone unheard…he will see for himself soon enough.

I received a communication today from the transreality licensing board. You will be happy to know that once I explained the injustice that we had suffered at the hand of the splinter group we have trusted for decades they decided ignore your last letter entirely. They seem to be a reasonable group, and they even have a sense of humor. The man in charge of the department that handles inter-reality mailings seems to be very afraid of upsetting the King and Leggs so I think as long as we don’t go overboard, we can actually write anything we want and ignore any official warning we might receive.

With those bits of ugliness out of the way we can move onto more joyous things. Like your upcoming party. I received my invitation and it is lovely. I can’t wait. I think we will have a grand time. Please consider this as my "will attend" response.

I hope your Spring Celebration was a success and left no one scarred. I am beyond exhausted…I managed to paint four rooms this weekend. They only need a wee bit of touch up next weekend. I took pictures and will post them to you as soon as my father, The Honourable Lord Amron, emails them to me.

Please give my best to the King and tell him that Pennsic 36 will be the best yet, I promise.

Your affectionate friend,
Kendrah

No comments: