Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Do you want me to put the food out on the tub?

My Dearest Corwynne,

I am glad to hear that the King is taking the wait and see approach to this PJ business. Not because I think it will work, but because the holidays are already so very busy that it is nice not to have to worry about hobbit-lord kidnapping and the like.

I knew that you would be away during the holidays and sent Leggs to the white city to keep an eye on Eowyn. He has always felt that her motivations for marrying the Steward were a bit suss. He has reported that she did try some flirting with the king, he was too wassailing to take notice.

I spent some time with my own family this past week. We had a nice gathering at my parent's house which included dinner and many pressies. It also included a interesting moment for Leggs. He was having difficulty dealing with so many children gathered in one place when my father called out to my mother saying "Do you want me to put the food out on the tub?" Leggs' eyes widened, then he squinted, shook his head in dismay and then he was gone. In the long run, it was probably for the best that he left before we brought out the Christmas wheelchair. He did not return to my parent's house that night and the next day would only say that the settlement had many things needing his attention, so would I mind attending my remaining "jesusmas" festivities alone. Well, at least he tried...

Your affectionate friend,
Kendrah

Logan and the Christmas Wheelchair

No comments: