Sunday, December 24, 2006

Fascinating

My Dearest Kendrah,

Well. That certainly explains a great deal. I think we need to cut off Leggs's "Law and Order:Criminal Intent" viewing. I KNOW elves are cunning and all, but this is starting to get a teensy bit scary!

The king is still playing te wait and see game with the studios, but he is confident all will work out for the best in the end. I reminded him that sitting around waiting to see what happened may not have been the best course of action while dealing with the Necromancer, but he just sighed at me and went back to reading. That's the trouble with people with a a "Destiny"...they think it will always work out for the best. But sometimes the best for Middle Earth is NOT what one would desire for himself (or for PJ). Just ask Frodo! In any case, we are in a holding pattern until further notice.

All is going well for our Yule preparations. We begin our Twelve Nights on the solstice, rather than on Christmas (Our world being much less allegorical than say NARNIA!) And it helps to incorporate The Rohirrim tradtions as well. We've put Eowyn in charge of the Yule Log and so far she's doing a bang-up job. Since I'm spending tonight and tomorrow with my brothers and won't be available for drinking and singing in the Great Hall of the White City, I wanted to make sure the Steward's Wife had something to keep her busy. Sometimes, if I'm gone for too long, she starts putting the moves on the king again! Honestly! After all these years you'd think she'd get the point.

Well, I need to run and bake bread for dinner at my brothers and get a fesh batch of wassail in the pot for Aragorn's shindig. Hope all is well with you and the Sons. Enjoy your holiday!

Your Affectionate Friend,
Corwynne

No comments: