Monday, May 22, 2006

War Practice

My Dearest Corwynne,

It was so good to see you and your betrothed at War Practice this weekend. It turned out to be more fun than I expected and I would have been hungry, cold and more wet had you and your belongings not attended.

As much fun as it was, it was a trying weekend. Both Leggs and TV boyfriend decided to go but neither of them knew that. I thought it would be fine. Leggs is a day person and would prefer his sleep during the hours of darkness.....TV boyfriend, as you know is a creature of darkness in both body and spirit. The biggest problem was the weather....When the sun was not out TV boyfriend decided to spend a few hours under the pavilion during the day. He and Leggs were not best pleased.

So TV-B decided that we "needed to talk". He had heard of a place that he though would be lovely for a picnic, because it is always dark there. I had to tell Leggs that I had a "pinched nerve" in my leg and need to stay in camp so that he would go shopping up top without me so that we could go on the picnic. Imagine my surprise when I discovered our picnic sight was in Mirkwood! But really, I should have known.

Anyway, the talk was difficult. TV-B feels that it is understandable that I see other people from time to time, but this thing with Leggs is getting a bit too serious for his taste. I was trying to explain that, he, TV-b was the other man, not Leggs but it wasn't going over very well. I lucked out when the King arrived.

I know, the King was shopping with you at the time, but I seem to have stumbled upon one of those future echoes like the time I saw Robinson. Anyway, he was on that Middle Earth Peace Summit next month, but he stopped to chat. He drew me aside saying that he remembered that you had mentioned him running into us on are picnic and what conversation we were having and that with his future knowledge he said that every thing would be fine. Then he asked TV-B for the tailor's name. So everyone seemed happy in the end. TV-B seemed to loose his train of thought with the King's arrival and we had a nice lunch and headed back to War Practice just in time for me to act as though I had been taking a nap the entire time everyone was shopping.

I am pretty sure this phase will have to end soon, if for no other reason than it is exhausting.

Looking forward to hearing from you again
Your affectionate friend,
Kendrah

No comments: