Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Letter of Congratulation

My Dearest Corwynne,

I know it has taken me a long time to reply to your engagement. But it is not entirely my fault. First I had to recover from all the New Year's celebrations. They do take their toll. Then Leggs insisted that the letter of congratulations must be "of an official nature". So that letter, the one for the archives is enclosed. But for my part, I would like to unofficially say that it is about frickin' time and that I hope the ring is something you get to keep instead of have kept for you with the other royal jewels.

Hope you enjoy the official letter.

Your affectionate friend,
Kendrah


To His Royal Majesty, King of Gondor, Friend to the West
and
To Her Future Royal Majesty, Queen of Gondor, Friend to Reality,

We would like to offer the official congratulation of the Elvish Settlement and all its inhabitants. We have waited long for this glorious day to arrive. We have known the trial and tribulations that have, at times, made it seem that this day would not come. And you cannot underestimate our joy at the news that all has been overcome and the event is now a certainty. Know that we will remain you loyal and faithful servants.

Yours in service,
Legolas, Prince of the Woodland Elves
Kendrah, Prince's Consort
and your servants in the Settlement.

No comments: