Saturday, September 17, 2005

The Long Hunt

My Dearest Corwynne,

I am sorry it has been so long since I have written. I have no excuse except forgetfulness and having absolutely nothing to report. Leggs and Gimli have gone on a long hunt in the south with several of the elves of the settlement. Those who chose not to go on the hunt have either taken to puttering around the settlement with nothing to do, or they have taken the opportunity to visit relatives in the West. The result is that the settlement currently consists of myself, four elves whose family would prefer not to see them, and an anti aircraft gun.

You see Leggs is always been big on security, especially when he is away. He also has a theory that the return of the Dark Lord will be heralded by the return of the flying Nazgul. After watching some war movies, because if we must watch the palantir box then we should at least watch things that will be educational, he chose to steal a anti aircraft gun.

"This is the best way to defend the settlement from the Nazgul in my absence." he said

I actually think that he means to continue with the arrows as the main defense when he is here and the gun is just temporary. Talk about confidence.

So that is all that is happening here. Hope your cold has improved and you are enjoying your trip.

Your affectionate friend,
Kendrah

No comments: