Sunday, July 10, 2005

The New House

My Dearest Corwynne,

Today my soon to be ex husband decided to take the kids to the Great Lakes Medieval Faire. I had thought of taking them myself but the expense is so high and the pure exhaustion of trying to explain the whole thing to Leggs made me think better of it.

So Leggs and I spent the day at the house my parents just bought. It is a beautiful house with an extensive yard....Once you climb down the cliff that is. My father and Cam decide to scale the cliff face, and Leggs, never one to turn down climbing something went with them.

When they returned Leggs had a look of horror on his face....horror on Leggs is when his eyes are opened slightly wider than normal. He drew me aside and whispered, (so my parents wouldn't hear him, as if they could!) and said "Your parents have made a terrible mistake, this house was built upon a grave yard, just like in that palantir box play you had me watch Poltergist. Soon the palantir will turn to snow and steal your youngest child. We must flee!"

I must admit that I was a bit shocked, but I knew there must be a logical explanation. So I told Leggs to listen and I would get to the bottom of it. So I went to my father and Cam and asked if they found anything of interest. "Yup, lots of headstones." was the the reply. "Headstones!?" "Yeah didn't we tell you about that? The people who owned this house before worked at a funeral home, and whenever they messed something up on a headstone they would toss it over the side. There is like a hundred of them down there."

I went back to leggs to see is the explanation sat well with him. His only response was "Real people are just strange. I am going back to the settlement."

I think he might have been a little freaked out. Any way, I hope all is well with you, in the real world and elsewhere.

Your affectionate friend,
Kendrah

No comments: