Thursday, July 07, 2005

More Thoughts

My Dearest Kendrah,

I read your last letter with great interest. I think you are correct...we're just too realistic for our own good. It must be nice to have a fantasy world to visit where nothing ever goes wrong and all is sunshine, lollipops, rainbows and unicorns. I envy those who can escape the Troubles of this world without creating new New Troubles in a fantasy one. On the other hand, to quote the mysterious, not-left-handed Man in Black "Life is Pain." I think I'd be bored if there weren't occasional difficulties. Sure, planning a week long New Year Celebration and Royal Birthday Party was a logistical pain in the rear, but it was a much more interesting pain in the rear than say, selling subscription tickets to prudish blue-hairs or facing internal audits.

As much as I enjoy sitting around embroidering tapestries, sipping wine and listening to Aragorn sing ancient Numenorian laments, it gets a bit tedious after a while. Let's face it...we're problem solvers...we need something to fix or we're not happy.

To quote the Professor "A safe fairy tale is untrue in all worlds."

On that note, I suppose I should get back to my end of day report. I want to make sure I get home on time today. Aragorn has promised to dress up in his Strider garb so we can play a naughty little game of "The Princess and the Ranger." He's so sweet sometimes!

Your Affectionate Friend,
Corwynne

No comments: