Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Birthday Bash Updates

My Dearest Kendrah,

I too remember the days of Little Miss Cranky Pants and None of Her Friends. Those were good times...

I've been swamped this week putting the finishing touches on Aragorn's Birthday Bash. March is a busy month for Gondor, King's birthday on the 1st, New Year's on the 25th. We're trying to establish an official holiday season beginning with the Royal Birthday Celebration and ending on New Year's Day.

Faramir has been a huge help with arranging all the events. I don't know what I would have done without him. I think we are ready to go...

Thranduil has sent several casks of wine from the Dale that we will be serving at the formal birthday dinner tonight. He won't be attending himself. I think he's still a bit miffed at Leggs. (BTW, Aragorn is still ticked off at the Settlement Elders so I had to bump them down on precedence. You and Leggs will be the only Settlements reps at the High Table...make sure he wears something nice...maybe that light blue/silver number from the coronation) Orlie is busy shooting something somewhere so he is unable to attend (which is a load off my mind really). Pippin has been pressed into active duty for the duration of the festivities. (He's so cute in that uniform!) He and Merry arrived a few days ago after a brief visit to Eomer. I think Merry is trying to open pipeweed trade negotiations with the Rohirrim. Eomer will be at the party too...Imrahil is still trying to set him up with his sister...I think Eomer is falling for it.

Bilbo and Frodo are making the trip in as well, traveling with Elrond and the Rivendell crew. It seems both Bilbo and Viggo have written ballads in honor of Elessar being king and all, and plan to read then to the court after dinner. Not to be outdone, the Bard Laureate of Gondor has also prepared some pieces in honor of the king. Frankly, an evening of poetry reading isn't my idea of a swinging birthday party, but Aragorn likes that sort of thing.

Gladders and Celeborn arrived this morning and they've been very pleasant. They must have resolved their latest tiff. I just wish she'd stop wandering great hall, looking ethereal and messing with the flower arrangements!

All right, I need to go meet some ambassadors, get my jewelry out of the museum and make sure Aragorn has clean tunic. I'll see you and Leggs at dinner in a few hours!

Your Affectionate Friend,
Corwynne

No comments: