Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Blessed Event

My Dearest Kendrah,

First off, I am NOT pregnant. Do you hear that Gladdders?! Not pregnant! Aragorn needs an heir, I need a ring on my finger, that's the way that goes. Maybe you should start harrassing HIM about a princeling, Little Miss Queen of the Golden Wood!

Whew! Sorry about that. Looks like I just unrepressed a bit of here-to-fore repressed anger!

Anyway, the blessed event to which I refer is the reconciliation between PJ and New Line that will allow the Hobbit movie to happen! I meant write sooner, but the paparazzi have begun pursuing us with renewed vigor, this time looking for our reactions to the news. Even poor Eowyn got swarmed by the pap menace. (fortunately we were able to settle the assault charges out of court. Never sneak up on a Shield Maiden of Rohan!) The King, Faramir and I have been busy dealing with the legalities of thing. Mayor Sam will of course need to be involved, especially if they want to do any on location filming. And the Dwarves! I shudder think what those contract negotiations will entail!

Rumor has it Orlando may be approached for a cameo, so Leggs should be prepared with a statement, just in case. Gandalf is fussing that he wants Sir Ian back and is threatening to withold permission to use his name and image if McKellan does not reprise his role. I hate it when wizards fuss...it's the "quick to anger" bit that always makes me tense when meddling in Maiar affairs. The King is quite pleased with the decision to make the film, and likes to think his intervention had something to do with it. He plans to pop over for a visit with PJ and New Line to aid in the selection of a director (whether they want his input or not!)

Otherwise, all is well. Yule (here and in the White City) and Christmas have all gone off with out a hitch. The king and I are looking forward to your upcoming visit with great anticipation.

I hope all is well with you and that the Sons received all they wanted from Santa, or Father Christmas, or Yule father or whatever we're calling him these days.

See you soon.
Your Affectionate friend,
Corwynne

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I do read these lovely posts. Just had to prove it. I don't know what I would do without your updates on Middle Earth, frankly. If only I had figured out a way to join you, alas. . .