Sunday, January 06, 2008

Another New Year Comes

My Dearest Corwynne,

I was so pleased to hear of the blessed event. I guess since the media in the real world only has the memory of a fruit fly, I had not heard anything about it. What a joy it will be to see the struggles of the people of Middle Earth recognized by the masses yet again.

Don't get me wrong...news of a royal birth would have been just as welcome. But you and the King have decided to take you time and we will all, most of us anyway, respect that.

I conveyed your warning to Leggs, and he is most distressed. He had hoped that with the success that Orli has seen over the past few years that his name would not be tarnished by association anymore, but he understands that he can't control every thing and that he is immortal, so he will out live the shame.

It was so lovely to see you over the holidays. I cannot believe that with five days scheduled for our visit that we ended up not having enough time to do everything we had planned. Soon it will be new year's month instead of new year's day, if we are to get everything done!

I enjoyed my time there so very much. I had forgotten what it is like to be around actual people. I am lucky enough to keep in touch with many of my friends via the "handheld palantir" but what a difference it is to talk to people and actually see their faces.

We were such social butterflies, which I know is not exactly a change for you, but my goodness, we sure saw a lot of people. Dinner at Gardner and Kathryn's followed by country music Karaoke was quite a surprise. I also really enjoy watching Mai as she plays with Arwen(the good one) and the Sons. I think it shows us how the next regime will run.

The only disappointment of the weekend was Sweeny Todd but at least we got to order our tickets with the flourish of a Roman town crier. Well, I also don't think I got enough use out of my eatin' dress this year, but there is always next year. I think it will be my goal to put on 40 pounds while I am there this time.

I hope that you had as much fun as I did. And be sure to thank the King for my Christmas gift. I have hung it in a place of honor befitting it's rarity and fineness. Best to those in the White City.

Your affectionate friend,
Kendrah

No comments: