Thursday, July 19, 2007

Recovery

My Dearest Kendrah,

Thank you so much for your support in my time of need. I admit things have gotten better since the I watched the season finale. I've had a week or so to process my feelings and I realize that though I am currently infatuated, my deeper feelings for the King have not changed. I think I just got comfortable with the Doctor. I mean, he's been there for me, waiting for me when I got home from work or where ever, almost everyday since November. There were no worries, no trade agreements, no peasants, no Eowyn...just me and the Doctor and the disposable companions. It was comforting, I think, knowing that he cared, when the King seemed indifferent. But I can't blame Aragorn, he has bigger things on his mind than how the drain in my basement has backed up again.

That's the difference I think. No matter how small or insignificant the problem, the Doctor cares. And being a rogue Time Lord, he has more leisure to enjoy the little things in life. It's one of the drawbacks of royalty, we so busy with everyone else's problems, that we have little time to appreciate each other. The King and I started to to take each other for granted, and the Doctor whooshed in and filled the gap.

Aragorn and I are hoping to rekindle the romance at Pennsic this year. We hope that a more relaxed atmosphere will allow us o just be ourselves instead of stressing about appearances. We hope this time away from the White City, paparazzi and DVD players will help us rekindle the passion and romance of the old days.

In other news, the King and I are eagerly awaiting the release of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows". We are both studiously avoiding spoilers of any kind. We did have a spot of bother with the publisher over the extrareality edition. Aragorn was trying to work out a deal so we could release the Gondorian edition at the same time as the US release, 12:01 tomorrow. Unfortunately, with the heightened security around the book, several of the GPS equipped delivery trucks were unable to cross the reality border ad seem to be held up in a tesseract somewhere. I hope that Faramir and the flock of government copyright attorneys we've assigned to case are able to sort this out in the next 36 hours or there will be some very unhappy kids in the White City.

Well, I must get back to work and sort out my pre college family weekend duties. I won't get home from work until after three on Saturday and have reserved the rest of the evening for HPDH reading. I will be in touch as soon as I can.

Your Affectionate Friend,
Corwynne

No comments: