Friday, October 06, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy...

My Dearest Kendrah,

It seems that the Settlement is bustling with activity in the aftermath of the flooding. I'm so pleased we were able to overcome this crisis as it bodes well for our futures in fantasy.

Our first main show of the season opened tonight and it does not seem to be an audience favorite. When you lose a fifth to a quarter of your audience after act one, something must be going wrong. Oh well, at least the lines at box office aren't too long! Last night was quite an adventure, suffice it to say I was overjoyed to find a bottle of wine waiting for me when I got home. I found out at noon that we were adding 11 seats to the theater for a show that previewed that night at 8 pm. It took me until after 8 to figure out how to make the computer accept this turn of events...support was not being very supportive. But I figured it out all by myself! Look how smart I am.

Then, about 4:30, we discovered the center page of the program was stapled backards so we spent the next several hours unstapling, flipping the page and re-stapling. "What did you do in college? I stapled programs!" Anyway, the students were good sports about it and I've promised them pizza tomorrow. Saturdays are pizza days here in the box office! it's a time-honored tradition dating back to last January. It's a fairly reasonable substitution for "Box Office Movie Fridays",

At least the king realized that I was having a no good, terrible, very bad day and surprised me with the thoughful gift of alcohol. He even stuck around to watch the last episode of Battlestar Galactica, season two, with me. He's not a huge Sci-Fi fan, but he doesn't mind an occasional BG episode. I think he has a TV crush on Starbuck, but it seems to be fleeting and not very serious. I don't I need to worry about any reality jumping to New Caprica in the near future.

I will be happy to pop over to the fashion show with you, but I'm wondering if we'll be able to drag the king away from the party to attend with us. I suppose I could tell him it's an official sort of thing...or get him drunk early. But I don't suppose the Elves would react well to a drunken Man heckling their new garb. I guess we'll play it by ear.

Well, the show is about to let out, so I should go before the audience comes flying out of the theater. Hope all is well.

Your Affectionate Friend,
Corwynne

No comments: