Wednesday, February 22, 2006

How-To

My Dearest Kendrah,

It certainly sounds like you had your hands full! Leggs has had a bit more experience with death since the whole Hero's Journey thing, but I would imagine a death in a reality not his own could be traumatic. Luckily you were there to help hime through a difficult time. Fortunately for me, Aragorn has not been as adventurous in reality jumping, tending to stay between this world and ME. OK, there is the occasional foray into Narnia, but that seems to be mostly intelligence gathering missions...he can't quite figure out why Aslan would leave four underage children in charge of a world so recently ruled by a evil, raging dictator and recovering from war. I shudder to think about their bookkeeping! Look how long it's taken me to get Gondor's treasury back in order!!!

I started reading the "Sex With Kings" book Kathryn got me for Christmas. It's really quite fascinating, and in a way, it is a bit of a "how to" manual. Not on the sex itself, but how to manage one's financial and social affairs when you are the King's favorite but not (yet!) his queen. I found the chapters on dealing rivals (particularly those of "better blood) to be quite
enlightening. Truly inspirational. I don't think I'll lend this one to Aragorn. No sense giving him any ideas. He can stick to Sharpe.

Speaking of Sharpe, I just order the next two books so I will soon be able to update the spreadsheet of his conquests. Aragorn just started the fourth book and seems to be enjoying them. He has expressed intereste in seeing the series, but I worry about trying to explain why Sharpe looks so much like Boromir, who, if you recall, we don't discuss. Anyway, he can stick to books. I did tell him we would watch "Goblet of Fire" together when it comes out on DVD. I've assure him there are no Dementors in this one, but he's still not keen on watching it alone.

BTW, I got a doctor's appointment for tomorrow, but unfortunately Dr. V. wasn't free so I'm seeing one of the others. We'll see how it turns out. My neck is still puffy, but oddly enough...nothing hurts. I'll let you know how it goes. Well, I have a pizza in the oven, laundry in the drier and a king looking for his slippers, so I really must be going! Have a good evening!

Your Affectionate Friend,
Corwynne

No comments: