Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Vacation

My Dearest Kendrah,

I'm glad Legolas is so pleased with himself. I'm certain the image I have in my head of him playing with the baby is nothing compared to the reality of that situation. Did he do that little dance of his? Please tell me he did that little dance! I LOVE that little dance!

Work has been totally stressful this past week. Not only are we swamped with people who want buy tickets, we seem to have an extraordinary number of people who call simple to waste my time! And the marketing has begun on the new season and I'm trying to work out a budget for it, and you know how I can't add when I'm busy and stressed!

Aragorn has decided that he has had enough and as soon as this show ends he and Legolas are taking us on a nice quiet vacation. He's even put a calendar on the refrigerator where he's marking off the days until we go. (I think he's using Shire reckoning though, so not exactly sure when we're leaving.)

And get this...they plan to take us camping! I did try to gently suggest that maybe we go to a nice quiet bed and breakfast on the shore for a few days, but no, camping it must be. It seems he weasled the location of Henneth Annun out of Faramir during a game of truth or dare (I don't want to know!)and we get to spend several glorious days far, far away from everyone and everything! He's even arranged for a few rangers to hang out on the perimeter to scare off any unlucky passerby!

Don't worry! Aragorn assures me he and Legs will take care of everything. We won't have to set up bedding, or cook or do dishes! He suggests we bring along some books and we can read to each other while he and Legs hunt and fish for dinner. (Apparently the whole "Forbidden Pool" thing doesn't apply to the king.) He thought maybe we could try and play a few a rounds of Lord of the Rings trivia. He may the only person who can beat us! But it wouldn't be so embarassing to lose to him, I suppose. Maybe we should handicap him somehow...make him give all his answers in Quenyan or something.

I hear the weather is lovely too! No freak blizzards and freezing rosebuds! I guess in a land that has defeaed its Shadow, spring actually shows up and stays instead of taking a brief look around and running off with its tale between its legs.

So, pack some garb and be prepared. If this works out, maybe we should invite the boys to War Practice. Gregor hasn't seen them in a while and it might me fun to listen to them making fun of the battles and the sports bras.

The show is about to end so I must be off to do deposits before the lobby gets too noisy for me to count straight. I'll talk to you soon.

Your Affectionate Friend,
Corwynne

No comments: