Saturday, May 10, 2008

That Explains It!

My Dearest Kendrah,

I once again find myself apologizing for the tardy reply to your latest letter. I will say that it certainly explains why, shortly after your “gift” arrived, Celeborn came riding like the wind up to the White City, looking rather disheveled for an Elf, demanding wine and taking up residence in one of the ambassadorial suites. He claimed he had important research to do in the Library, but I thought it a rather lame excuse. However, the King and I felt it best to say nothing and simply extend our hospitality for the duration of his visit. Which continues, much like the proverbial road, ever on and on.

For nearly a month he’s been gliding around the City, holing up in the Library with Mithrandir during the day or worse taking very long lunches with the Wizard, slumming it in various taverns in the lower levels of the City. Let me assure you there is nothing quite so disturbing as the two of them staggering up flights of stairs while singing bawdy drinking songs. I am hoping he grows tired of us mere Mortals soon. I sympathize…no one wants to face the Wroth of Gladders, but he starting to scare me. Fortunately, he’s begun singing more laments, late at night, which leads me to believe he’s beginning to miss the Golden Wood. I wonder when he’ll consider it safe to return home?

The King and I are looking forward to War Practice. If Celeborn is still skulking around, I may invite him along as well. Picture it. Go on, close your eyes, and picture him knee deep in Bog mud, eating Cheerios out of a paper bowl! I hope the image amuses you as much as it does me. Does Leggs plan to join us this year? I’m trying to get the final head count for the food plan.

I spent most of the day cleaning the basement and locating the camping equipment. The King made himself useful carrying trash. I think he needed a break from our noble Elven guest as much as I did! I’m going to so a bit more laundry and settle in for a nice evening of Battlestar Galactica.

I hope you are enjoying your weekend in New York with the Loud One! The King and I look forward to seeing you and Sons next weekend!

Your Affectionate Friend,
Corwynne

No comments: