Saturday, June 24, 2006

Summit

My Dearest Kendrah,

I hope my letter finds you well. I, as you know am deeply embroiled in the Middle Earth Peace Summit as well as the opening weekend of PreCollege. I am pleased to report that both seem to be going smoothly.

Last night’s opening ceremonies went very well. Mithrandir can always be counted on to awe the “Lesser Men” with his fireworks. Thanks to the Gondor Veterans’ Rehabilitation Project, we were able to provide beautiful chairs that met the seating requirements of our smaller-stature guests. I must remember to send Gimli a thank you gift for reminding me of the special needs of our shorter kindred.

This morning’s opening presentation by folks from the Settlement was well received. Apparently your spin doctors were able cover-up that attempted lynching. I had to pop over to run my pre college faculty meeting but made it back in time to catch most of Mayor Gamgee’s update on the Habitat for Hobbits program. Several Southron ambassadors hope to start a similar project in their homeland. Then I was back to Pgh for student orientation meetings. When I leave tonight, I’ll be hosting a dinner for the wives, consorts, etc. of the ambassadors. I suspect the men are retiring to Elessar’s study to smoke pipeweed, sip ale and eat imported pizzas. Fine with me. I’m just thrilled Gladders decided to sit this summit out and let Celeborn come by himself. He’s so much amusing when he’s unattached. I’m stuck with Eowyn, but she’s promised to be on her best behavior.

Well, I need to finish the dance placement audition sheets so I can make it back to the White City in time to change for dinner. I may be out of touch for the next week or so until I can get the summit and my teenagers all straightened out. Say a prayer to Elbereth for me!

Your Affectionate Friend,
Corwynne

No comments: