Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pennsic Prep

My Dearest Kendrah,

Once again reality has kept me from spending as much time as I would like visiting the White City and surrounding Settlements. I’m pretty sure that’s why I’m so darn cranky. All reality and no imagination makes Corwynne a grumpy girl. The King seems to be taking it in stride. At least I’m still fulfilling all of my official duties, so Faramir has no complaints.

It has been a whirlwind of Pennsic preparations here and in Minas Tirith. Sam (my brother, not the Hobbit) just took a Jeep load of my gear home with him. Faramir and the King have been busy making sure all is ready for the King’s two week absence from the City. People get all tense when the King disappears for long periods of time. I think they’re still a bit sensitive after all those years without one. Not sure yet if the King is attending Land Grab or coming up later. He wanted to come up early, but he’s doesn’t think people will be drunk enough on set up day to interact with him and not sure if he’ll feel comfortable being invisible to, well, almost everyone but you. Has Leggs confided his Pennsic plans to you? If he’s there, I’m sure the King would feel better about it. The Sons (Elrond’s not yours) are planning to stop by for a bit, possibly for the wine tasting. They aren’t as snobby about their booze as their ada is, so I think they’d enjoy it.

Still have quite a bit of sewing to get done. I suppose I should pack it up and ship it off to the Royal Seamstresses, but that seems a bit like cheating. At least I don’t have to worry about garbing the King. I saw him furtively stuffing his old green shirt into a rucksack so expect to see that old rag make another appearance. He has all sorts of lovely court garb he could bring, but no, he digs out his old Ranger stuff and lets his beard get all scruffy. You can take the Ranger out of the Wilds but you can’t take the Wilds out of the Ranger. It’s probably for the better. The last thing we need is an Historical Accuracy Nazi accusing him of engaging in fantasy role playing!

Well, I’m off to sew and tidy up a bit. The King is stopping over later to watch the season finale of Doctor Who. He enjoys it much more without David Tennant. Sigh…sometimes I miss my TV boyfriend, but I will content myself with the King and my new podcast boyfriends.

Your Affectionate Friend,
Corwynne

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I will remind Gardner to keep an eye out for Aragorn. They like drinking together, and they share a love of sticking to their favorite clothes.